The Kathmandu Durbar Square holds the palaces of the Malla and Shah kings who ruled over the city. Along with these palaces, the square surrounds quadrangles revealing courtyards and temples.
Her company has recently completed an expert-driven guide to bullying awareness and she asked if we would consider adding it to our bullying resources page. You can check out the guide that Accredited Schools Online developed here:
Angela reports that:
“Cyber and physical bullying are growing and undeniable problems, and like so many misunderstood issues, education and awareness are the best prevention tools we have. This guidebook’s purpose is to do just that: educate students of all ages and their families about what bullying is, why it happens, and what they can do to prevent it.
Key elements of the guide include:
- – An in-depth look at specific types of bullying, including cyberbullying, sexual bullying, physical bullying and more
- – An extensive Q&A with two leading experts in psychology and psychiatry
- – Bullying prevention techniques for students, parents, teachers and administrators
Two experts in the field were essential in our crafting of this guide. Dr. Ben Michaelis is a clinical psychologist and regular guest/contributor on Huffington Post, Fox News, and the Today Show. Dr. Steven C. Schlozman is an Assistant Professor of Psychiatry at Harvard Medical School and also serves as the Associate Director of the Clay Center for Young Health Minds. Their combined expertise was an invaluable asset, allowing us to get a uniquely in-depth look at the truth of bullying.“
In addition to all that Moo Duk Kwan® Certified Studios, Instructors and members already do to empower individuals to protect themselves and others from bullying, she asked if we would also consider helping spread bullying awareness and prevention by adding a link to her company’s guide on our website. If you find it informative and educational, please consider sharing.
Bullying has reached epidemic proportions in today’s society and while some schools, workplaces and governments are taking measures and attempting to curtail bullying, the sad reality is that bullying may often occur when there is no authority figure present to stop it and it may occur when and where there may be no witnesses to corroborate that it even occurred.
Bullying incidents are further exacerbated by bystanders who witness a bullying incident and take no action to intervene or help diffuse the situation and thus they become complicit in the bullying behavior through their inaction.
The unfortunate reality is that a child or an adult who is targeted by a bully may be the only person who can stop it and they often must face their antagonizer(s) alone and without help.
Non violent conflict resolution skills may work in some cases to diffuse a bullying encounter; however those skills may not work in others situations.
The better prepared one is to face a bully on whatever terms the bully brings to the altercation, then the better one is equipped to bring a swift and favorable end to a bullying encounter.
Further compounding the challenges for those being bullied is the unfortunate reality that in some instances when a person who is being bullied takes necessary actions to stop the bullying, then the victim may be subject to the same punishment as the bully.
Schools, workplaces and public places may expel, suspend or arrest all parties involved in certain incidents. In some cases conceptually flawed and ineffective “zero tolerance” policies merely allow entities enforcing such policies to avoid analyzing the events that transpired leading up to the incident and by punishing all involved they avoid admitting what really happened on their watch and/or they avoid dealing with the underlying events that resulted in the incident. In the end the victim may be bullied AND get punished for taking action to stop it. What is wrong with this picture?
With proper training and preparation no one need suffer the actions of bullies and/or the ineptness or inaction of overseers or indifferent bystanders. Where there is preparation there is no fear.
Moo Duk Kwan® martial art schools certified by the nonprofit United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® teach the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system with an emphasis on developing personal safety awareness and skills to avoid conflict whenever possible and the skills necessary to prevail in a conflict when avoidance is not possible.
Help protect your child by empowering them to stand up for themselves, so they are not the subject of a video like the following:
Mom, Dad, I’m Scared
Nobody Is Coming To Save You
Who You Gonna Call?
Take A Stand Against Bullying
Disney Channel Celebrity Demi Lovato Stands Up Against Bullying
Welcome To My Life
Bullied To Death Memorials
The Only Way to Stop Them is to Stand Up To Them
2010 Karate Kid Movie Trailer 1
Protect your child by empowering them to stand up for themselves.
For the location and date of a Bully Proof program near you call (888) 766-2245 or search here
The call is free and the benefits are priceless.
Sponsored by Members and Supporters of the nonprofit United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation®
When you are bidding to bring the National Festival to your Region, do you think the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation® and its National Festival are really that big of a deal?
A New Jersey State Representative and the Congressional Record think so.
Although it’s still early in the 2014 National Festival destination bidding process, it’s already beginning to look like Region 8 may steal the event away from everybody else.
Take a look at the real-time results of the bidding process that will determine the 2014 National Festival destination.
Now take a look at this map illustrating nationwide Federation Dan member population density and tell me why you think that more members are bidding to host the National Festival at the highlighted destination shown on the map than are bidding for it to be held in any other location in the U.S., even areas where far more Dan members live?
Whatever is going on in Region 8, it seems to fly in the face of logical assumptions.
- One might presume that Dan members who plan to participate in the 2014 National Festival would want to do so at the lowest possible cost by avoiding airfare and minimizing hotel expense and would thus bid to keep the event in their backyard… or not.
- One might also presume that Regional Officials responsible for sponsoring Regional Teams to attend the National Festival would bid to keep the event nearby and thus seek to avoid the cost of airfare and minimize hotel expenses they are responsible for… or not.
- One might even presume that in locations where more members live who are potential National Festival participants that those areas would be most likely to have more bidders and win the event simply because the number of potential bidders in high density member population areas out number the number of potential bidders from elsewhere… or not.
- One might even presume that the circled destination on the map is currently leading the bidding because members in the higher density population areas simply have not heard that they can bid to keep the National Festival near them…or not.
- Or perhaps they do not yet understand the new bidding process policy or they have just not yet visited the Festival bidding website… or not.
- Or maybe they have not yet participated in the online polls or seen the Federation Facebook posts… or not.
- Or maybe they have not yet read their emails about the bidding process being used to determine the 2014 National Festival destination…or not.
Regardless of what else may be going on in Region 8, the tangible results to date seem to suggest that embodiment of Kwan Jang Nim’s Vision Tour mantra is at work here.
“Individual participation is the Key Energy necessary to strengthen our foundation.”
– H.C. Hwang, Kwan Jang Nim
Why do you think the circled destination on the map is currently leading the pack to host the 2014 National Festival instead of locations with much higher Dan member populations?
I can’t bid for the National Festival destination right now because I have commitment issues. Heck, this year isn’t even over, things in my life are uncertain and my schedule is hectic and always changing, plus I am broke and have no money, so how can I possibly be expected to place a bid right now for a future National Festival destination when I do not even know for sure when the event will be or where it will be!? And on top of all that I am a Gup and I heard Gups can’t even attend.
Totally understandable concerns and it just so happens that the Federation’s win-win-win bidding policy was crafted with your circumstances in mind!
Any bid amount that you make is essentially a fully refundable deposit toward your National Festival registration fees.
If you get “buyer’s remorse“ right after placing your bid and your commitment-a-phobia really starts acting up, no problem, you are totally protected and you can request a full refund of your original bid amount at any time during the redemption period defined by the Federation.
AND you can apply your bid amount PLUS the 25% additional credit that you get just for placing a bid, toward any other Federation fees, dues, purchases, subscriptions, etc. during the redemption period defined by the Federation.
There is nothing to fear about expressing your financial support for the exciting National Festival that you “think” that you “might” just “possibly” “may” “think about” attending, but are not sure just yet.
Join your fellow members who are doing just that!
HOWEVER, know that should your commitment-a-phobia defeat you in this moment and thus prevent you from taking personal action and placing your bid before bidding closes…. Weeeeeeeellll then later on when the Festival date draws near and you finally muster up the desire to attend…… then sadly you will pay 25% more to attend than if you had summoned your brave energy and placed your bid today.
Sooooooooo can we assume that given all these wonderful terms and protections, that if you do not bid now, then that means that we will definitely NOT be welcoming you at the National Festival ? 🙁
Be brave. And be there! 🙂
Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it.
Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.
Activity at every licensed Moo Duk Kwan® martial art school in the USA is overseen by at least one Internationally Certified Instructor who assures the quality of the training experience and the authenticity of the Moo Duk Kwan® philosophy and Soo Bahk Do® skills being taught to students who are enrolled there.
Moo Duk Kwan® certified Instructors have completed an extremely rigorous and demanding training regimen and passed strenuous examinations in order to earn their instructor credentials.
You can be sure that every Moo Duk Kwan® certified instructor will provide every student with an authentic training experience that only a Moo Duk Kwan® certified instructor can provide.
How can you know if you are training in a real Moo Duk Kwan® certified martial art school?
Ask a few questions, inspect a few credentials and use your common sense.
- Is the studio listed in the national database of licensed Moo Duk Kwan® schools?
- Does the studio display the Moo Duk Kwan® trademark?
- Is the studio’s display and use of the Moo Duk Kwan® trademark legal and licensed?
- Does the instructor have current certification credentials from the Moo Duk Kwan®?
- Moo Duk Kwan® rank certificate
- Moo Duk Kwan® Instructor certificate
- Moo Duk Kwan® Studio certificate
- Is the Instructor a Moo Duk Kwan® alumni?
- Even if an instructor at a studio received training from Hwang Kee or one of his instructors at a Moo Duk Kwan® school years ago, that does not mean they are currently licensed to use the Moo Duk Kwan® trademarks or to teach the Soo Bahk Do® martial art system.
- If representations made by an instructor about their connection with the Moo Duk Kwan® cannot be verified through the United States Soo Bahk Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation®, then consumer fraud may be occurring.